SALKANTAY TO INCA TRAIL 6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
It’s a perfect combination of the Salkantay Trek & Inca Trail, and the adventure is even better. The Inca Trail is today one of the most famous treks in the world and allows to reach Machu Picchu from the Holy Inca places. The road is paved with stones and has stairs, tunnels and bridges crossing rivers and valleys, cold Andean altitudes and high tropical forest. More than 400 species of orchids let discover along the route, as well as many species of animals which are endangered. This is the only national park where you can see still wildlife. These constructions covered by vegetation, never discovered by the Spanish, give to you the impression to hike and rediscover each of these places.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level ModerateGroup Size Medium Group
- Hiking the second most beautiful place on earth.
- Free transfer airport Pick up and drop off
- Panoramic train on the way back to Cusco
- Learn and interact with our native Tour Guides
- Meet our multicultural team going with us Including women Porters and Chefs
- We promote gender equality and Women´s empowerment
- 2% of the price you pay goes to support our Social Projects
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Original Passport.
- International Student Card (if pay as a student).
- Immigration card.
- Sleeping bag (not included but you can rent one from us)
- Walking boots
- Walking stick
- Good backpack or daypack
- Waterproof jacket.
- Good Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Recyclable water container or camel bag
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Hat for cold.
- Sun protection cream
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel)
- Torch or head lamp
- Personal medication
- Extra money for any emergency or to purchase any souvenirs.
- TOUR NAME: SALKANTAY TREK TO INCA TRAIL 6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS.
- TOTAL DISTANCE: 66 km / 40 miles.
- Day1: 12 km/8 miles, 7 hours approx.
- Day2: 16 km /10 miles, 10 hours approx.
- Day3: 10 km/8 miles, 6 hours approx.
- Day4: 13 km/8 miles, 8 hours approx.
- Day5: 10 km/6 miles, 5 hours approx.
- Day6: 5 km/3 miles, 2 hours approx.
- Type of trek: Nature, Cultural and history adventure and much more.
- Elevation: 2000 m / 6400 ft.
- Elevation: 5100 m / 16320 ft.
- Weather: From May to October dry season, from November to April wet season.
- We provide expeditions train service however you can do upgrade.
- Departure Dates: Depended of your booking Time.
Huayna Picchu Mountain – tickets cost an additional $40 per person. To get this ticket, you need to book far in advance; climbing takes 2 hours round trip.
Machu Picchu Mountain – tickets cost an additional $40 per person. To get this ticket, you need to book far in advance; climbing takes 3 hours round trip.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant Guide (for more than 9 people).
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Pre-Departure Briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Transportation to the starting point of the trek and return to Cusco.
- Bus ticket from MachuPicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private minivan from Ollantaytambo to cusco.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and MachuPicchu site.
- Guiding tour at Machupicchu.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent.
- Chef and assistant chef.
- Drinking water (boiled and filtered).
- Rain poncho.
- 4-man tent (only 2 people enter).
- Hot water for washing.
- 6 breakfasts, 6 snacks, 5 lunches, 5 happy hours, 5 dinners.
- Sleeping mattress (foam).
- Toilet tent.
- First Aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Horses until day 3.
- Horse as emergencies.
- Porters from day 4 to carry all the equipment(included your duffle bag).
- The last lunch.
- Tips to guide, chef, porters and horsemen.
CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – CHALLACANCHA – SALKANTAY PAMPA – ICHUPATA
The beginning of our adventure! We will pick you up from your hotel at 4:30am.
You will drive around 3 hours to get Mollepata town 2900m. you will stop at Mollepata town to buy some things like water, snacks etc, and then you will still drive for one more to get the starting pint of the trek called Challacancha 3500m, so you have breakfast there after that, you will start hiking around 9:30am, in order to arrive to lunch spot you will hike 4 hours approximately, and this part of the trek is not that difficult, it will be gradual up hill.
Lunch will be around 1:00pm, which is at Salkantaypampa 4100m, after lunch you will only hike 2 more hours to get the campsite called Ichupata 4500m, which is still gradual up hill; we normally arrive there around 4:30pm. Definitely you will have the impressive views of the Salkantay Mountain.
ICHUPATA – INCACHIRIASQ’A PASS – PAMPAQ’AWANA
This is our challenge day!. Because you will go to the highest point in whole our trek called Incachiriasq’a pass over 5100m or 16500ft.
From highest point you will be able to see it the most incredible views, you will be so close to Salkantay Mountain, and along the way, you will see animals like Llamas, Alpacas, Falcons, Condors and much more to see it. And also you will go through community. It is one of the longest days of our trek.
You will get up at 7:00am. And you will start hiking around 8:00am. From the camping spot to the highest point Incachiriasq’a, it will take 2 hours of walking up. Afterwards you will go downhill to get lunch, which will take 3 hours.
After lunch, it will still be downhill to the camping place called Pampaq’awana over 3500m, which will take 3 more hours of hiking to get the camping site. You will arrive there around 4:30pm. The way down it will be very gradual and gentle way.
PAMPAQ’AWANA – PAUCARCANCHA – HUAYLLABAMBA – LLULLUCHAPAMPA
Today is officially the beginning of the Inca trail!. You will get up at 7:00am. And you will start to hike around 8:00am. We will still hike downhill to Paucarcancha village 3100m or 10100ft, that will take 2 hours.
At Paucarcancha village there is an Inca site; you will visit and have a tour guiding. Later on you will go to the check point which is very close to the Inca site.
At the check point you will meet up our porters officially, and then you will hike gradual downhill for half hour more to Huayllabamba village 3000m or 9800ft, which is the official place of the Inca trail.
You will have lunch at Huayllabamba village; and after lunch you will hike up hill, which will take 3 hours around to get our camping spot called Llulluchapampa over 3800m or 12400ft. You will arrive there around 4:00pm.
LLULLUCHAPAMPA – DEAD WOMAN PASS – PACAYMAYU – RUCURACAY PASS – CHAQUICOCHA
Today is another long day of hiking. You will get up at 6:00am. Afterwards you will start hiking around 7:00am.
From the camping site to the dead woman pass will be up hill, that will take 2 hours, along the way you will see it just amazing views, at the dead woman pass 4200m; it is just unique place you will stop for a while to get pictures.
Later on you will go downhill to lunch called Pacaymayu over 3600m, which will take 1 hour and half.
After lunch you will hike 4 hours more to get camping spot.
From the lunch spot to second hill, that will take 2 hours, and then it will be downhill to the camp site called Chaquicocha over 3600m, that will take 2 more hours, you will be at camp around 5:00pm. After the second hill, you will go into the cloud forest jungle.
This camping place is unbelievable, because of the views.
CHAQUICOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARCA PASS – WIÑAYWAYNA
This is shortest day of our hike!. You will get up at 6:00am. You will start hiking around 7:00am.
From the camping spot to the third pass called Phuyupatamarca, it will be up and down gentle way, which will take 2 hours, along the way you will see it the most beautiful views; from third pass Phuyupatamarca over 3600, you will be able to see Machupicchu Mountain, the mountain range and jungle and much more.
After the third pass; you will go downhill and that will take 3 hours and half to get the camp site, you will get the camp site called Wiñaywayna around 1:00pm.
Along the way you will be visiting the Inca sites and you will see it one of the most wonderful canyon. After lunch you won’t hike any more until the next day.
In the afternoon you will visit the most beautiful Inca site Machupicchu junior called Wiñaywayna over 2600m and it is only 10 minutes away from the camp.
: WIÑAYWAYNA – SUNGATE – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
The magical day!. This is the important day; everyone will be excited about today.
You will get up very early because you will have to do a quite or line at the check point and this check point opens at 5:30am every day, it means you will start to hike at 5:30am. The hike will take only 2 hours to Machupicchu; it will take one hour to Sungate, this part of the trek it will be up and down and the last 15 minutes it will be up stairs to get the Sungate. From the Sungate you will have the first views of Machupicchu.
After that you will go gradual downhill which will take one more hour to Machupicchu. You will arrive there around 7:30am. Then you will have to go to main check point at Machupicchu. Later on you will have the guiding tour, which will take 2 hours approximately, after the guiding tour you will get your free time to visit by yourself.
After Machupicchu you will catch a bus to Aguas Calientes town which will take half an hour, you will meet to your tour guide again at Aguas calientes town who will provide your train ticket. Transportation back in Cusco.
It will be by train and bus. From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo station; you will go by train, which will take 1 hour and half, from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city, you will go by our private bus, that will take 1 hour and half. All the transportation back in Cusco city will be to your hotel.
This amazing Salkantay trek + Inca Trail provides the best camping spots which are pretty much private. 5 camping nights includes a spacious 4 man tent that will be shared by only two people so you can spread out a bit and also we included pillow with Sleeping mattress (foam).
If you would like to upgrade a single room, there will be an additional cost.
- First night: Camping
- Secong night: Camping
- Third night: Camping
- Fourth night: Camping
- Fifth night: Camping